Lord (or Baron) Kinnaird, Rossie Priory, Inchture, Perthshire, Scotland, reportedly by c. 1930. (P & D Colnaghi, London and New York), by 1947; Schwabe, Manchester, England; acquired May 1956 by (Hans Schaeffer Galleries, New York); sold 1957 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1961 to NGA.
- Paintings by Old Masters, P. & D. Colnaghi, London, 1947, no. 3.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 31
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 25, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 83, fig. 201.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 80, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:137-138, II:pl. 96. 96A
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 219, no. 267, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 99, repro.