An Albergotti chapel, possibly the one in the Cathedral of Arezzo, built c. 1517; Marchesi Albergotti, by the 17th century; Francesco Lombardi and Ugo Baldi, Florence, by 1845; (Ludwig Metzger, Florence); acquired 17 May 1875 by Alexander William Crawford Lindsay, 25th earl of Crawford [1812-1880], Villa Palmieri, near Florence; by inheritance to his son, James Ludovic Lindsay, 26th earl of Crawford [1847-1913]; by inheritance to his son, Sir David Alexander Edward Lindsay, 27th earl of Crawford [1871-1940]; by inheritance to his son, Sir David Alexander Robert Lindsay, 28th earl of Crawford [1900-1975], Haigh Hall, Wigan, Manchester; (his sale, Christie, Manson & Woods, London, 11 October 1946, no. 152); (Koetser, London and New York). (Wildenstein & Co., Inc., New York); sold June 1949 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1952 to the Honolulu Academy of Arts; returned 1960 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation; gift 1961 to NGA.
- The Work of Luca Signorelli and his School, Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1893, no. 29 (only a photograph was exhibited).
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 122
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 109, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 97, fig. 233.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 326, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:429-430, II:pl. 308
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 373, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2003: 649-654, color repro.