lower left: Maurice Utrillo.V. / 1909
(Alex Reid, Glasgow) and (L.H. Lèfevre & Son, London); sold c. 1924 to Mrs. R. A. Workman, London; (her sale, at her house by Curtis & Henson, London, 21 December 1931, no. 765). Marcel Fleischmann, Zurich, in 1939. Acquired between 1952 and 1955 by Capt. Edward H. Molyneux [1891-1974], Paris; sold 15 August 1955 to Mrs. Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- French Painters of Today, Alex Reid, Glasgow; Lefevre Galleris, London, 1924
- Small Paintings by Modern Artists, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1939, checklist only
- Paintings from the Collection of Mrs. Mellon Bruce, Society of the Four Arts, Palm Beach, 1958, no. 40.
- French Paintings of the Nineteenth Century from the Collection of Mrs. Mellon Bruce, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1961, no. 62, repro
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 200, repro
- Maurice Utrillo 1904-1951, Museum of Fine Arts Yasuda Kasai Seiji Togo, Tokyo; Prefectorial Museum of Modern Art, Toyama; Museum of Fine Arts, Gifu; Prefectorial Museum of Modern Art, Tokushima, 2002, no. 7, repro. (shown only in Gifu and Tokushima).
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 358, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 416, repro.