lower right: Walt Kuhn / 1939
(Durand-Ruel Gallery, New York); purchased 12 December 1946 by Gov. and Mrs. [Marie N.] W. Averell Harriman, New York; gift 1972 to NGA.
- Probably Walt Kuhn, Grace Horne Galleries, Boston, 1941. (A painting titled Green Apples with Scoop is mentioned in a review of the exhibition.)
- Paintings by Walt Kuhn, Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, 1946, no. 1.
- Pictures Collected by Yale Alumni, Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, 1956, no. 162, repro.
- Walt Kuhn, Albany Institute of History and Art, 1958, no. 13.
- Walt Kuhn 1877-1949: A Memorial Exhibition, Cincinnati Art Museum, 1960, no. 79, color repro.
- Exhibition of the Marie and Averell Harriman Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1961, unnumbered catalogue, repro. 47.
- Painter of Vision: A Retrospective Exhibition of Oils, Watercolors and Drawings by Walt Kuhn, 1877-1949, The University of Arizona Art Gallery, Tucson, 1966: no. 89, repro.
- Walt Kuhn: A Classic Revival, Amon Carter Museum of Western Art, Fort Worth; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Wichita Art Museum; Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, 1978-1979, no. 40.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Maxwell M. Rabb, U.S. Embassy residence, Rome, Italy, 1981-1989.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Peter F. Secchia, U.S. Embassy residence, Rome, Italy, 1989-1990.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Robert H. Pelletreau, U.S. Embassy residence, Cairo, Egypt, 1991-1993.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Pamela Harriman, U.S. Embassy residence, Paris, France, 1993-1997.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary William M. Daley, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C., 1997-2000.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Norman Y. Mineta, U.S. Department of of Commerce, 2000-2001.
- Extended loan for use by Mrs. Richard Cheney, Old Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C., 2001-2009.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 190, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 223, repro.