lower left in graphite: X
Marks and Labels
verso, stamped in black ink: LJR (Lugt 1760b); National Gallery of Art
Lessing J. Rosenwald, Jenkintown, PA; gift to NGA, 1943
- Color Etchings and Aquatints by Mary Cassatt, Ogunquit Museum, ME, 1958.
- Prints and Drawings by Mary Cassatt, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1963.
- Mother and Child, Winnipeg Art Gallery, 1967.
- Mary Cassatt, 1844-1926, Newport Harbour Art Museum, RI; Santa Barbara Museum, CA, 1973-1974.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, Kyoto, 2011, unnumbered catalogue (shown only in Tokyo and Kyoto).
- Breeskin, Adelyn and Donald H. Karshan. The Graphic Art of Mary Cassatt. Exh. cat., Cincinnati Art Museum [and others], New York, 1967: 26, no. 51.
- Breeskin, Adelyn Dohme. Mary Cassatt: A Catalogue Raisonné of the Graphic Work. Washington, DC: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979, no. 143, x/xi.
- Mathews, Nancy Mowll and Barbara Stern Shapiro. Mary Cassatt: The Color Prints. New York, 1989: no. 5-XVI.
- Jones, Kimberly A. Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art. (Exh. cat. The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; the National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, 2011). Washington, 2010.