in later hand, lower center: Fred. Zucchero
Earl of Pembroke, Wilton House, Salisbury; (H. Shickman Gallery, New York); purchased 1967 by David Rust, Washington, D.C.; purchased 1981 by NGA.
- Exhibition of Old Master Drawings, H. Shickman Gallery, New York, 1968, no. 14.
- Renaissance into Baroque, Italian Master Drawings by the Zuccari, 1550-1600, Milwaukee Art Museum and National Academy of Design, New York, 1989-1990, no. 64.
- Dessins de Taddeo et Federico Zuccaro. Exh. cat. Musée du Louvre, Paris, 60, under no. 73.
- Gere, John A., and Philip Pouncey. Italian Drawings in the Department of Prints and Drawings in the British Museum. London, 1983, 190-91, under no. 298.
- "Old Master & Early British Drawings & Watercolours." Christie's, London, 6 December 2012, under lot 10.