- British Picturesque Landscapes
- September 22, 2007 – February 24, 2008
- West Building, Ground Floor, G21
This exhibition is no longer on view at the National Gallery.
Overview: Engravings and colored prints of outdoor scenes in Great Britain from books of the late 18th and early 19th centuries selected from the collection of the National Gallery of Art's library were on view. Included were engravings after works by Turner, travel books featuring country scenes by William Gilpin, landscapes and seascapes, and views of country manors.
Organization: The installation was organized by the National Gallery of Art. Neal Turtell, executive librarian, National Gallery, was curator.
Audio and Video
- Opening the Covers of the Rare Book Collection
- Audio, Released: December 4, 2007, (6:01 minutes)