- Civic Pride: Group Portraits from Amsterdam
- March 10, 2012 – August 28, 2017
- West Building, Ground Floor, 7th Street Lobby
This exhibition is no longer on view at the National Gallery.
Overview: Two large-scale group portraits from the Dutch Golden Age, on long-term loan from the Rijksmuseum and the Amsterdam Museum, provide an extraordinary opportunity for visitors to enjoy a type of Dutch painting rarely seen outside the Netherlands. In these imposing works, two of Amsterdam's most important portraitists from the mid-17th century,
Organization: Organized by the National Gallery of Art, Washington.
Sponsors: The exhibition is made possible by the Hata Foundation. This program is also supported, in part, by public funds from the Netherlands Cultural Services and through the generosity of Mrs. Henry H. Weldon.
Brochure: Civic Pride: Group Portraits from Amsterdam by Henriette de Bruyn Kops. Washington, D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 2012.
- Press Event: Civic Pride: Dutch Group Portraits from Amsterdam
- Audio, Released: March 6, 2012, (30:04 minutes)