Arrive close to the top of the hour, when skating sessions begin.
An iconic ice rink surrounded by sculptures and the National Mall.
- Sunday–Thursday, 11:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Friday–Saturday, 11:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m.
- Sunday–Thursday, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Friday–Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Purchase skating passes in person. We only offer advanced, online purchasing for season passes and skating lessons.
Fees cover two back-to-back, 45-minute skating sessions that each begin on the hour. Ice maintenance happens the last 15 minutes of each hour. The last full session begins two hours before closing.
- $12: Ages 13+
- $10: Ages 12 and under, 60+, military service members with ID, students with school ID
- $250: Season pass
- $6: Skate rental
- Free lockers are available first come, first served.
Tips for Visiting
Beginning November 20
Tickets for individuals and small groups are only sold at the rink. Have a group of 20+? Buy tickets in advance by emailing [email protected] or calling 202.216.9397.
We offer private and group lessons throughout the winter.
The ice rink closes for rain and extreme temperatures. To check if we’re open, call 202.216.9397.
Washington Elite Skating School offers group packages for schools, birthday parties, and other private groups during public skating hours. Call 202.216.9397 or email [email protected] to book group tickets. Group sales are subject to ice rink availability and offered on weekdays only.
Washington Elite Skating School offers group and private lessons for all ages and abilities. You can purchase a walk-up pass for one lesson (if there is space) or a four-lesson session pass.
What classes are available?
- Mom/Dad & Me: Ages 3–5 with adult; helmet required
- Snowplow Sam 1/2: Ages 3–6; helmet required
- Basic 1/2: Ages 6+; helmet recommended
- Basic 3/4: All ages
- Basic 5/6: All ages
- Adult 1/2
Thursdays (Sessions II and III)
- Adults: All levels, 45-minute class
When are classes?
December: Drop-in Classes (Session I)
- December 2–17
- Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00-10:30 a.m., 10:30-11:00 a.m.
January (Session II)
- Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00–10:30 a.m., 10:30–11:00 a.m.
- Thursdays, 7:00–7:45 p.m.
February (Session III)
- Saturdays, 10:00–10:30 a.m., 10:30–11:00 a.m.
- Thursdays, 7:00–7:45 p.m.
How much does it cost?
- $40: 30-minute walk-in group lesson
- $75: 45-minute walk-in specialty class
- $150: One session (four 30-minute lessons)
- $295: Happy hour class pass (four 45-minute lessons)
Washington Elite Skating School offers group skating lessons for all ages and abilities as well as private lessons and group packages for schools, birthday parties, and special events. Call 202.216.9397 beginning November 20 for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I host an event at the ice rink?
We offer group tickets for private groups like school field trips and birthday parties. Call 202.216.9397 or email [email protected] to book group tickets. Group sales are subject to ice rink availability and offered on weekdays only. We are not able to accommodate any externally-hosted public events.
Can I skate on my own while there is a group lesson happening?
Yes! Certain skating lessons happen before the ice rink opens to the public, but if there is a lesson during public hours, you are welcome on the ice.
Can I bring an assist device on the ice rink?
To minimize risk to all skaters, the use of skating aids, such as penguins or seals, is not permitted on the ice rink as use of these devices may cause accidents on the busy ice rink. Parents or guardians are encouraged to support children directly or join a skating lesson which is available for all ages.
What are the rules on the ice rink?
You can find the Sculpture Garden Ice Rink rules on our Visitor Policies page.
Make the most of skating season!
Sign up to receive email reminders for lesson registration and ice rink promotions.
Thank you. Please check your email for a confirmation message.