verso, at cente,r in graphite: 67 [crossed out]; verso, at bottom, in graphite: 1070; verso, at bottom, in graphite: 68; verso, at bottom, in graphite: cc 66779; verso, at bottom, in graphite: 62 [encircled]
Marks and Labels
verso, lower left, stamped in red ink: Albertina duplicate (Lugt 5g); verso, lower left, stamped in black ink: Lessing J. Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b); verso, lower right, stamped in black ink: National Gallery of Art, Rosenwald Collection (Lugt 1932d)
before 1922, Albertina, Vienna; after 1922, sold by Albertina as a duplicate to C.G. Boerner, Leipzig; (sale, C.G. Boerner, Leipzig, May 25-27, 1925, lot 1070); purchased by Lessing J. Rosenwald [1891-1979], 1929; gift to NGA, 1943.
- Prints and Drawings by Rembrandt van Rijn (1606-1669) from the Collections of Lessing J. Rosenwald, Pennsylvania Museum of Art, 1930
- Etchings by Rembrandt van Rijn (1606-1669) from the Collections of Lessing J. Rosenwald, Sears, Roebuck, and Co. Art Galleries, Washington, D.C., 1932.
- The Life of Christ as Depicted in the Etchings of Rembrandt, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no cat.
- University of Notre Dame Art Gallery, South Bend, IN, 1961.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923, no. 124, ii/ii.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969, no. 68, i/ii.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1993: no. 138, i/iv.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: