Sir George Beaumont (1753-1827); by descent to Sir Francis Beaumont; British Rail Pension Fund; (sale, Sotheby's, London, 10 March 1988, no. 43); Private collection, USA; (Agnew's, London); purchased 2001 by NGA.
- Watercolours by Thomas Girtin, Whitworth Art Gallery, University of Manchester; Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 1975, no. 55.
- Thomas Girtin: The Art of Watercolour. Exh. cat. Tate Britain, London, 2002: 123, 161, no. 125.
- Six Centuries of Prints and Drawings: Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2004 - 2005
- The Artist's Vision: Romantic Traditions in Great Britain, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007
- Owen, Felicity. Sir George Beaumont of Coleorton. London, 1969: 47.
- Hawcroft, Francis W. Watercolours by Thomas Girtin. London, 1975, no. 55.