lower right corner in graphite by unknown hand: 11x16; center verso in graphite by unknown hand: S 14319; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: 38
text at bottom on stone:
Painted by C. B. King / Lehman & Duval Lithrs. / Chon-Ca-Pe / Philadelphia, Published by E.C. Biddle / Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1837, by E.C. Biddle in the Clerks office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pa.
(Parker Gallery, London, England); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1953; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Progress of An American Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1963
- Early America on Paper: Prints and Drawings, 1750-1850, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1981
- McKenney, Thomas, and James Hall. History of the Indian Tribes of North America, vol. 1. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: E.C. Biddle, 1837.
- McKenney, James L., and James Hall. The Indian Tribes of North America, with Biographical Sketches and Anecdotes of the Principal Chiefs, vol. 1. Edinburgh: John Grant, 1933, pp.218-222.
- Horan, James D. The McKenney-Hall Portrait Gallery of American Indians. New York: Crown Publishers, 1972, pp. 298-299.