lower right: Daniel Garber
Collection of the artist; to his son, John Garber [b. 1910]; to the artist's nephew, J. Otis [d. 1969] and Esther Gillham [d. 1994] Garber, Washington; bequest 1994 from Esther G. Garber to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- The Impressionist Tradition, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 19 July 2003 - November 2004, unpublished checklist.
- Daniel Garber: Romantic Realist, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia; James A. Michener Art Museum, Doylestown, 2007, no. 84, repro.
- Cash, Sarah, and Terrie Sultan. American Treasures of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. New York, 2000: 203, repro.
- Humphries, Lance. Daniel Garber, Catalogue Raisonné. 2 vols. New York, 2006: 2:266, no. P 759.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 298, repro.