lower center in plate: Whistler. 1859.; lower center edge in graphite by unknown hand: 11139; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: B19213; lower right verso in graphite by unknown hand: YH
Julius Garfinckel, Washington, DC; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1938; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Etchings by Whistler, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1948
- Whistler, Hunter Gallery of Art, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1952
- Haden, Whistler, Pennell: Three Master Printmakers in the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1990, no. 26, repro
- Kennedy, Edward G. The Etched Work of Whistler. New York: Grolier Club, 1910, no. 47.
- MacDonald, Margaret, Grischka Petri, Meg Hausberg, and Joanna Meacock. James McNeill Whistler: The Etchings, A Catalogue Raisonné. Scotland: University of Glasgow, 2012, no. 51, ix/ix. http://etchings.arts.gla.ac.uk