lower right in plate: J. Whistler; upper center verso in graphite by unknown hand: R4440; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: B23018; lower right verso in graphite by unknown hand: NO.
Julius Garfinckel, Washington, DC; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1938; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
Associated NamesCorcoran Gallery of Art
- Whistler, Hunter Gallery of Art, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1952
- Artists and Their Circles, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1978
- Whistler’s World: The Master’s Etchings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1982, no. 14
- Haden, Whistler, Pennell: Three Master Printmakers in the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1990, no. 19, repro
- Kennedy, Edward G. The Etched Work of Whistler. New York: Grolier Club, 1910, no. 32.
- MacDonald, Margaret, Grischka Petri, Meg Hausberg, and Joanna Meacock. James McNeill Whistler: The Etchings, A Catalogue Raisonné. Scotland: University of Glasgow, 2012, no. 37, iii/iii. http://etchings.arts.gla.ac.uk
- Sort by:
- Results layout: