Private Collection, Paris. (Théodore Bonjean, Paris); purchased 20 May 1911 by (M. Knoedler & Co., New York); Knoedler sold half-share to (P. & D. Colnaghi & Co.); purchased October 1922 by William A. Clark [1839-1925], New York; bequest 1926 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Loan Exhibition. Masterpieces of the Corcoran Gallery of Art: A Benefit Exhibition in Honor of the Gallery's Centenary, Wildenstein, New York, 28 January - 7 March 1959, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 26 April-16 July 1978.
- The William A. Clark Collection: Treasures of a Copper King, Yellowstone Art Center, Billings; Montana Historical Society, Helena, 1989, unnumbered checklist.
- The Rise of the Art World in America: Knoedler at 150, An historical exhibition commemorating Knoedler & Company's 150th Anniversary, Knoedler & Company, New York, 5 December 1996 - 12 January 1997, unnumbered checklist, repro.
- Antiquities to Impressionism: The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 3 November 2001 - 4 February 2002, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Whistler and his Circle in Venice, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Grolier Club, New York, 2003, no. 85, repro.
- Carroll, Dana H. Catalogue of Objects of Fine Art and Other Properties at the Home of William Andrews Clark, 962 Fifth Avenue. Part I. Unpublished manuscript, n.d. (1925): 178, no. 188.