(Macbeth Galleries, New York). Lizzie P. Bliss [1864-1931], New York; bequest April 1931 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Special Exhibition: Modern Departures in Painting; "Cubism," "Futurism," Etc., Cincinnati Museum, 19 March - 5 April 1914, no. 1.
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings, Watercolors, Drawings, Etchings & Sculpture by Arthur B. Davies, Macbeth Galleries, New York, 2-31 January 1918, no. 31.
- Special Memorial Exhibition of Works by the Late Arthur B. Davies, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1-25 May 1930, no. 63.
- Arthur B. Davies (1862-1928): A Centennial Exhibition, Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Memorial Art Gallery, University of Rochester; Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond; Cincinnati Art Museum; City Art Musuem of Saint Louis; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1962-1963, no. 54.
- 15 American Artists from the Corcoran: an Exhibition of American 20th C. Works from the Permanent Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art, London Art Gallery, Ontario, 4 April - 6 May 1975, no. 2, repro.
- Themes in American Painting, Grand Rapids Art Museum, 1-30 November 1977, no. 83.
- Dream Visions: The Work of Arthur B. Davies, Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston; Marion Koogler McNay Art Institute, San Antonio; Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica; Phillips Collection, Washington, 1981-1982.
- Arthur B. Davies: Dweller on the Threshold, Hyde Collection, Glens Falls, New York, 17 June -9 Septemeber 2001, no. 21.
- Figuratively Speaking: The Human Form in American Art, 1770-1950, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 November 2004 - 7 August 2005, unpublished checklist.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013 - 28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 236, 293, repro.