(William Macbeth, Inc., New York); purchased December 1934 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- 127th Annual Exhibition in Oil and Sculpture, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1932.
- Thirteenth Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 4 December 1932-15 January 1933.
- Twelfth Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Painting, Cleveland Museum of Art, 1932.
- "Greenland" and Other Subjects by Rockwell Kent, Macbeth Gallery, New York, 7-19 November 1934, no. 20.
- American Landscape Painters, 1800-1960, Norfolk Museum of Arts and Sciences, Norfolk, Virginia, 1961, no. 19.
- A Century and a Half of Amerian Painting: Selections from the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Dulin Gallery of Art, Knoxville, 1963, checklist no. 39.
- Rockwell Kent: The Early Years, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1969.
- American Landscape Tradition, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 1978, unpublished checklist.
- Guy Pene du Bois: Artist About Town, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston, 1980-1981, no. 99.
- A Distant Harmony: Comparisons in the Painting of Canada and the United States of America, Winnipeg Art Gallery; Art Gallery of Hamilton, Ontario, 1982-1983.
- An Enkindled Eye: The Paintings of Rockwell Kent, A Retrospective Exhibition, Santa Barbara Museum of Art; Columbus Museum of Art; Portland Museum of Art, Maine; Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse, 1985-1986.
- Henri's Circle, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 20 April-16 June 1985, unnumbered checklist.
- Permeable Border: Canadian and American Painting 1920-1940, Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, 1989-1990.
- Long-term loan to United States Embassy in Stockholm, 1994-1998.
- The Forty-Fifth Biennial: The Corcoran Collects, 1907–1998, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 17 July - 29 September 1998, unnumbered catalogue.
- The View from Asgaard: Rockwell Kent's Adirondack Legacy, The Adirondack Museum, Blue Mountain Lake, New York, 1999-2000.
- American Journeys: Visions of Place, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 21 September 2013-28 September 2014, unpublished checklist.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 305, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: