Count Giovanni Battista Costabili Containi I [d. 1841], Ferrara, Italia; by inheritance to his nephew, Count Giovanni Battista Costabili Containi II, Ferrara, until at least 1858. Dr. Gustavo Frizzoni [1840-1919], Milan, by 1877; by inheritance to Alberto Ginoulhiac, Milan, until at least 1930; Ing. Bonomi, Milan. (Count Alessandro Contini Bonacossi, Florence and Rome); sold March 1932 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1939 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Italian Art: 1200-1900, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1930, no. 173 (no. 407 in commemorative catalogue published 1931; not in souvenir catalogue).
- Mostra del Correggio, Palazzo della Pilotta, Parma, 1935, no. 24, repro.
- Berenson and the Connoisseurship of Italian Painting, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1979, no. 79, repro.
- The Age of Correggio and the Carracci: Emilian Painting of the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries, Museo Civico, Bologna; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1986-1987, no. 25, color repro.
- Correggio, Galleria Nazionale, Parma, 2008-2009, no. II.19, repro.
- Correggio e Parmigianino: Arte a Parma nel Cinquecento [Correggio and Parmigianino: Art in Parma during the Sixteenth Century], Scuderie del Quirinale, Rome, 2016, no. 3, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 44, no. 194.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 243, repro. 87.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. The Kress Collection in the National Gallery. New York, 1944: 57, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 87, repro.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 102, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. New York, 1963 (reprinted 1964 in French, German, and Spanish): 307, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 31.
- National Gallery of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. Washington, 1968: 25, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 82-83, fig. 204.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 80, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. Washington, 1979: 1:136-137; 2:pl. 95.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 219, no. 266, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 99, repro.
- Gingold, Diane J., and Elizabeth A.C. Weil. The Corporate Patron. New York, 1991: 130-131, color repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: