lower left on parapet: ...VICO / ...LO / OPVS / ...AETA...
(Ehrich Galleries, New York). Samuel L. Fuller [1875-1963], New York; gift 1950 to NGA.
- The Art of Venice: An Exhibition of Five Works of Venetian Masters on extended loan from The Lending Collection of the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., Tampa Bay Art Center, University of Tampa, Florida, 1967-1969, p. 5, repro.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, Florida, 1969-1970.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 23.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 16, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 54, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:115, II:pl. 78
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 75, repro.
- Frank, Mary Engel. “'Donne attempate': Women of a Certain Age in Sixteenth-Century Venetian Art.” 2 vols. Ph.D. dissertation, Princeton University, 2006: 1: 282, 319, fig. 215.