Recorded as from Fishkill, New York. Purchased from a collateral member of the sitter's family by (Thurston Thacher, Hyde Park, New York), by whom sold in 1949 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Strauz-Hupe, U.S. Embassy residence, Brussels, Belgium, 1972-1977.
- Holdridge, Barbara C., and Lawrence B. Holdridge. "Ammi Phillips, 1788-1865." Connecticut Historical Society Bulletin 30 (October 1965): 97-146.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 90, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 209, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 261, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 284, 287, repro. 285.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: