Recorded as from Springfield, Massachusetts. Purchased 1946 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- Possibly, American Folk Art Gallery, New York, 1942. (Recorded on Downtown Gallery microfilm [AAA]).
- Exhibition of American Folk Art, Marshall Field and Company, Chicago, 1943, no. 13.
- American Primitive Painting, 1750-1950, Milwaukee Art Institute, 1951, no. 21 , as by an anonymous Fall River artist.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 272, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 268, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 309, 312, repro. 311.