on book: SOPHIA MEAD
Recorded as from Connecticut. Purchased in 1947 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- American Primitive Painting, traveling exhibition organized by the Smithsonian Inst. for the U.S. Information Service, Washington, 1954-1955, no. 53. First venue: Kunstmuseum, Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Tokyo, Japan, 1976-1980.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 284, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 413, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 547, color repro. 546.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: