Recorded as from New Hampshire. Purchased in 1949 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- American Primitive Art, 1750-1950, Milwaukee Art Institute, 1951, no. 2, as by an unkown Fall River artist.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Columbus Museum of Arts and Crafts, Columbus, Georgia, 1968-1969, no. 16.
- American Cat-alogue: The Cat in American Folk Art, Museum of American Folk Art, New York, 1976, no. 80 (catalogue by Bruce Johnson).
- A Little Bestiary: Naive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Montclair Art Museum, New Jersey, 1988, no catalogue.
- American Naive Paintings from the Garbisch Collection at the National Gallery of Art, Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke, Virginia, 2010, no catalogue.
- Securing the Shadow: Posthumous Portraiture in America, American Folk Art Museum, New York, 2016-2017.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 265, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 266, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 297-299, color repro. 298.
- Schorsch, David A. "Pictures within Pictures: Photographs of American Folk Paintings 1840-1880." Antiques (September/October 2013): 102, fig. 2, 106.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: