OverviewInformation on this painting can be found in the Gallery publication American Naive Paintings, pages 279-281, which is available as a free PDF https://www.nga.gov/content/dam/ngaweb/research/publications/pdfs/American%20Naive%20Painting.pdf
Recorded as from New York City. Purchased in 1947 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois, 1981-1982, no. 12 (cat. by Ronald McKnight Melvin).
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Helene A. von Damm, U.S. Embassy residence, Vienna, Austria, 1983-1986.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 298, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 261, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 279-281, color repro. 280.