Recorded as from New York State. (Harry Stone, New York, by 1942), by whom sold in 1946 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- Title unknown, Harry Stone Gallery, New York, 1942.
- Harry Stone Collection of American Primitive Paintings, New Art Circle, J. B. Neumann Gallery, New York, no. 6; special isssue of Art Lover 1 (November/December 1945) as cat.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Strauz-Hupe, U.S. Embassy residence, Brussels, Belgium, 1972-1977.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 278, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 407, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 515-517, repro. 516.