Recorded as from Piscataquis County, Maine. Acquired in the 1920s by (Robert Gerry Hall, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine), by whom sold in 1948 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1955.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Part I, National Gallery of Art, Washingotn, 1954, no. 106.
- The American Primitive Paintings Exhibit, organized by the Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara, California, for de Saisset Art Gallery, University of Santa Clara, 1968.
- The American Flag in the Art of Our Country, Allentown Art Museum, Pennsylvania, 1976, no. 25, color repro.
- Scenes of Folk Art, Wurttembergischer Kunstverein, Stuttgart, 1981, no cat.
- A Little Bestiary: Naive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Montclair Art Museum, New Jersey, 1988, no cat.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Gerald S. McGowan, U.S. Embassy residence, Lisbon, Portugal, 1999-2001 (unnumbered brochure, repro.).
- American Naive Paintings from the Garbisch Collection at the National Gallery of Art, Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke, Virginia, 2010, no cat.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 126, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 263, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 386, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 401-403, color repro. 402.