Recorded as from Massachusetts. (Mrs. Lillian Ullman, Tarrytown, New York, probably about 1940). (M. Knoedler and Co., New York, by 1942), by whom sold in 1947 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1956.
- American Paintings of the 18th and Early 19th Century In Our Current Collection, M. Knoedler and Co., New York, 1948, no. 1.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 136, repro.
- Little, Nina Fletcher. American Decorative Wall Painting 1700-1850. Rev. ed. Toronto and Vancouver, 1972: 36.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 279, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 408, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 519-521, repro. 520.