Marks and Labels
Reverse formerly bore previous inventory numbers 430 in black ink (unidentified collection) and 86 in yellow paint (Ricci 1931); numerals removed during 1982 cleaning.
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
Associated NamesDreyfus, Gustave
Duveen Brothers, Inc.
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- Migeon, Gaston. “La collection de M. Gustave Dreyfus, III: Petits bronzes—Bas-reliefs.” Les Arts 73 (Jan. 1908): 30, repro. 23.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 64, no. 86, pl. 27.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 145, repro. 69.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 70, no. 235, fig. 10, as c. 1480.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 50, no. 9, as c. 1480.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: