around circumference: BARTHOLOMAEVS PENDALIA INSIGNE LIBERALITATIS ET MVNIFICENTIAE EXEMPLV[m]
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his heirs; purchased with the entire Dreyfus collection 9 July 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 31 January 1944 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
Associated NamesDreyfus, Gustave
Duveen Brothers, Inc.
Kress Foundation, Samuel H.
- The Currency of Fame: Portrait Medals of the Renaissance, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Frick Collection, New York; National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh, 1994-1995, no. 23, repro.
- Hill, George Francis, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art. London, 1967: no. 112.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 50, no. 10.
- Lloyd, Christopher. "Reconsidering Sperandio." Studies in the History of Art 21 (1987):101-102, repro.
- Pollard, John Graham. Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. 2 vols. Washington, 2007: 1:no. 78, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: