Recorded as from Boston. Purchased in 1949 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1958.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Columbus Museum of Arts and Crafts, Columbus, Georgia, 1968-1969, no. 15.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Roger Morton, U.S. Department of Interior, Washington, D.C., 1971-1975.
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois, 1981-1982, no. 31 (cat. by Ronald McKnight Melvin).
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, traveling exhibition by the International Exhibitions Foundation, Washington, 1985-1987, no. 18, color repro. First venue: Museum of American Folk Art, N.Y.
- La Nascita di Una Nazione: Pittori americani dalla National Gallery of Art di Washington 1730-1880, Palazzo Pepoli Campogrande, Bologna; Galleria Internazionale d'Arte Moderna di Ca'Pesaro, Venice, 1988-1989, no. 18, repro.
- The American Garden, Mansfield Art Center, Ohio, 1991, no. 8.
- Art of the Departed: The Gravestones of Cape Cod, Heritage Plantation of Sandwich, Massachusetts, 1998, no cat.
- American Naive Paintings from the Garbisch Collection at the National Gallery of Art, Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke, Virginia, 2010, no cat.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 38, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 128, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 138, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 54-55, repro. 55.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: