Recorded as from Philadelphia. Purchased in 1956 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1959.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Springfield Art Museum, Missouri, 1958, no cat.
- American Folk Art: Tour in the Arkansas Artmobile Bicentennial Exhibition, traveling exhibition organized by the Arkansas Arts Center, Little Rock, 1975-1976, no cat.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 293, repro.
- Kern, Arthur B., and Sybil B. Kern. "Benjamin Greenleaf: Nineteenth Century Portrait Painter." The Clarion 10 (Spring-Summer 1985): 45, no. 1.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 189, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 157, repro. 158.