lower right: Guy Pène du Bois
The artist; (Kraushaar Galleries, New York); sold 24 April 1920 to Chester Dale [1888-1962], New York; bequest 1968 to NGA.
- New York Realists, 1900-1914, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1937, no. 44.
- An Exhibition of Painting and Sculpture Commemorating the Armory Show of 1913 and the First Exhibition of the Society of Independent Artists in 1917, American Academy of Arts and Letters and National Institute of Arts and Letters, New York, 1955, no. 56.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Paintings other than French in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 54, repro.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 50, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 145, repro.
- Williams, William James. A Heritage of American Paintings from the National Gallery of Art. New York, 1981: 212, repro. 214.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 257, repro.
- Fahlman, Betsy. Guy Pène du Bois: Painter of Modern Life. New York, 2004: 28, fig. 31.