lower right: A H. Wyant
Private collection, Indianapolis, Indiana, until 1919; acquired 1919 by (M. A. Newhouse and Son, Saint Louis, Missouri); sold 1920 to Harry Stotlar, Benton, Illinois; his son, James C. Stotlar, Bethesda, Maryland; gift 1965 to NGA.
- Springfield Art Festival, Drury College, Springfield, Missouri, 1968, no cat.
- 19th Century American Topographic Painters, Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, Florida, 1974-1975, no. 149, repro.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Dublin, Ireland, 1975-1978.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 1979-1981.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Stuart, U.S. Embassy residence, Oslo, Norway, 1985-1989.
- Extended loan for use by Justice Anthony Scalia, Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1991-1999.
- Extended loan for use by Vice President Richard Cheney, The White House, Washington, D.C., 2001-2008.
- Peindre l'Amerique. Les artistes du Nouveau Monde 1830-1900, Fondation de l'Hermitage, Lausanne, 2014, no. 55, repro.
- Olpin, Robert Spencer. Alexander Helwig Wyant, 1836-1892. Exh. cat. Utah Museum of Fine Arts, Salt Lake City, 1968: 16.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 124, repro.
- Olpin, Robert Spencer. "Alexander Helwig Wyant, American Landscape Painter: An Investigation of His Life and Fame and a Critical Analysis of his Work with a Catalogue Raisonné of Wyant Painting." Ph.D. dissertation, Boston University, 1971: 287, no. 63.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 261, repro.
- Williams, William James. A Heritage of American Paintings from the National Gallery of Art. New York, 1981: 123, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 384, repro.
- Torchia, Robert Wilson, with Deborah Chotner and Ellen G. Miles. American Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part II. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 270-272, color repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: