Recorded as from New York State. (The Old Print Shop, New York), by whom sold in 1949 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1968.
- Twenty-five Folk Artists: Their Lives and Work, Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Center, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1971, no cat.
- The American Folk Art Tradition: Paintings from the Garbisch Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978.
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, traveling exhibition by the International Exhibitions Foundation, Washington, 1985-1987, no. 15, color repro. First venue: Museum of American Folk Art, N.Y.
- La Nascita di Una Nazione: Pittori americani dalla National Gallery of Art di Washington 1730-1880, Palazzo Pepoli Campogrande, Bologna; Galleria Internazionale d'Arte Moderna di Ca'Pesaro, Venice, 1988-1989, no. 15, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Robert Zoellick, U.S. Trade Representative, Washington, D.C., 2001-2005.
- Thomas Chambers, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia; The Hyde Collection Art Museum, Glens Falls; American Folk Art Museum, New York; Indiana University Art Museum, Bloomington, 2008-2010, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 3-26.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 38, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 127, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 137, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 51-52, repro. 51.