Eugène Rodriques (sale, Frederik Muller, Amsterdam, 12-13 July 1921,no. 231, pl. LXXVIII; to Steinmeyer; to Ludwig Rosenthal (Louis Randall), Montreal; Robert Light; NGA purchase in 1971.
- NGA Recent Acquisitions 1974, no. 1.
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 17.
- Fanciful Flourishes: Ornament in European Graphic Art and Related Objects, 1300-1800, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, as An Initial with a Seated Girl and a Dog.
- Cauman, Samuel. "Two Drawings of Bohemian Alphabet Figures," Bulletin of the Fogg Museum of Art, Studies of Master Drawings 8, no. 1 (November 1938): 4, 6-9.
- Parker, K. T. Catalogue of the Collection of Drawings in the Ashmolean Museum, Volume I, Netherlandish, German, French and Spanish Schools. Oxford, 1938: 167, under no. 370 (as French, about 1300).
- Mongan, Agnes and Paul Sachs. Drawings in the Fogg Museum of Art. Cambridge, Mass., 1940: under no. 366 (as anonymous German, ca. 1300-1350).
- Memorial Exhibition, Works of Art from the Collection of Paul J. Sachs [1878-1965]. Exh. cat. Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, Mass.; Museum of Modern Art, New York. New York, 1965: under no. 1 (as German, late 14th c.).
- Jenni, Ulrike. Das Skizzenbuch der internationalen Gotik in den Uffizien, der Übergang von Musterbuch zum Skizzenbuch. Vienna, 1976: 70-72, fig. 95.
- Whiteley, Jon. Ashmolean Museum Oxford, Catalogue of the Collection of Drawings, Volume VII, French School. Oxford, 2000: 25-26, under no. 1, fig. 1.