Recorded as from Connecticut. (William Richmond, Old Greenwich, Connecticut), by whom sold in 1962 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1971.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Lisbon, Portugal, 1980-1982.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Maynard Glitman, U.S. Embassy residence, Brussels, Belgium, 1989-1991.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 297, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 426, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 592-594, color repro. 593.