lower center on stern of boat in brown ink: HOMER 189; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: B 3295; lower center verso in graphite by unknown hand: CA 3888
(Doll & Richards, Boston, 1894); Judge John Lowell, Boston, 1894; John Lowell, Jr., Chestnut Hill, MA, by bequest, nd; Mrs. John Lowell, Jr., Chestnut Hill, MA, by bequest, 1922; Mary Emlen Lowell (Countess of Berkeley), Gloucestersire, England, her daughter, by bequest, 1940; Charles R. Henschel, New York, 1951; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956; gift to NGA, 1975
Associated NamesHenschel, Charles R., Mrs.
- Doll & Richards, Boston, 1894
- Winslow Homer: A Retrospective Exhibition, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, Nov. 23, 1958-Jan. 4, 1959, no. 151
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer from the Collection of Mrs. Charles R. Henschel, July 5-Sept. 12, 1962, no. 12
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer, 1836-1910, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY, 1966, no. 42
- Graphic Survey Show, National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C., 1986-1987, no catalogue
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 15 Oct. 1995-29 Jan. 1996 (National Gallery only, not in catalogue)
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Casting a Spell: Winslow Homer: Artist and Angler, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, 2002-2003, cat. no. 26.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Junker, Patricia and Sarah Burns. Winslow Homer, Artist and Angler. Exh. cat. The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth. New York, 2002: 76, no. 26.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2014: V, no. 1538, p. 157.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: