Recorded as from Pennsylvania. (David David Gallery, Philadelphia), by whom sold in 1964 to (Hirschl and Adler Galleries, New York), by whom sold in 1965 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; by bequest to NGA, 1980.
- American Naive Painting of the 18th and 19th Centuries: 111 Masterpieces from the Collection of E.W. and B.C. Garbisch, traveling exh. by Amer. Fed. of Arts, N.Y., 1968-1970, no. 101, repro. First venue: Grand Palais, Paris.
- What is American in American Art, M. Knoedler and Co. [benefit exhibition for the Museum of American Folk Art], New York, 1971, no. 63, repro.
- Two Centuries of Naive Painting, Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, 1985, no cat.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Thomas C. Ferguson, U.S. Embassy residence, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei, 1988-1989.
- American Art from the Gilded Age: Paintings and Photographs. 100th Birthday Celebration, The Admiralty House, 1883-1993, Vice President's House, Washington, D.C., 1993-1994, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Richard Riley, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C., 1994-1998.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Mel Martinez, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 2001-2005.
- Wedded Bliss: The Marriage of Art and Ceremony, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, 2008, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Selections from the Collection of Hirschl and Adler Galleries. Exh. cat. Hirschl and Adler Galleries, New York, 1964-1965: 6: color pl. 32, and cover.
- Black, Mary C. "Collectors: Edgar and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch." Art in America 57 (May-June 1969): 48-59, color repro.
- Klaw, Barbara. "A Wedding Album." American Heritage 36 (June-July 1985): 82-89, color repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 386, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 399-400, repro. 400.