lower right center: H. CALL / 1876
Recorded as from Massachusetts. (John Bihler and Henry Coger, Ashley Falls, Massachusetts), by whom sold in 1961 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; by bequest to NGA, 1980.
- American Naive Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, traveling exh. by the International Exhibitions Foundation, Washington, 1985-1987, no. 14, color repro. First venue: Museum of American Folk Art, New York.
- Two Centuries of Naive Painting, Terra Museum of American Art, Evanston, Illinois, 1985, no cat.
- A Little Bestiary: Naive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Montclair Art Museum, New Jersey, 1988, no cat.
- La Nascita di Una Nazione: Pittori americani dalla National Gallery of Art di Washington 1730-1880, Palazzo Pepoli Campogrande, Bologna; Galleria Internazionale d'Arte Moderna di Ca'Pesaro, Venice, 1988-1989, no. 14, repro.
- American Naive Paintings from the Garbisch Collection at the National Gallery of Art, Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke, Virginia, 2010, no cat.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 37, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 41-42, color repro. 42.