on sign at lower left: Bear O! Pi / Aiggs
Recorded as from New Hampshire. (Robert Schuyler Tompkins, Montague, Massachusetts), by whom sold in 1949 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; by bequest to NGA, 1980.
- Extended loan for use by Clayton K. Yeutter, U.S. Trade Representative, Washington, D.C., 1985-1988.
- The Art of Charles Henry Granger (1812-1893), York Institute Museum, Saco, Maine, 1988, no cat.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Jack Kemp, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 1990-1993.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, South Texas Institute for the Arts, Corpus Christi, 1997.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Ed Schafer, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C., 2008.
- American Naive Paintings from the Garbisch Collection at the National Gallery of Art, Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke, Virginia, 2010, no cat.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 189, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 153-156, color repro. 155.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: