Recorded as from New Jersey. (Hartert Galleries, city unknown), by whom sold in 1961 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; by bequest to NGA, 1980.
- 101 Masterpieces of American Primitive Painting from the Collection of E.W. and B.C. Garbisch, traveling exh. by the Amer. Federation of Arts, New York, 1961-1964, no. 54, color repro. First venue: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, N.Y.
- American Naive Painting of the 18th and 19th Centuries: 111 Masterpieces from the Colleciton of E.W. and B.C. Garbisch, traveling exh. by Amer. Fed. of Arts, N.Y., 1968-1970, no. 43. First venue: Grand Palais, Paris.
- American Naive Paintings from the Garbisch Collection at the National Gallery of Art, Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke, Virginia, 2010, no cat.
- Hornung, Clarence P. A Treasury of American Design. 2 vols. New York, 1972: 2:828.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 389, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 418-419, color repro. 418.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: