verso: on mount in early pen and brown ink, not clearly legible
August Wolff; (sale, Christie's, London, 29 November 1983, no. 80); (sale, Galerie Callieux, Paris, 3 June - 13 July 1984); acquired by the National Gallery of Art.
- The Glory of Venice: Art in the Eighteenth Century, Royal Academy of Arts, London, and National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, 276, 277, 470, no. 179 (repro. 276, color)(entry by Margherita Giacometti).
- The Poetry of Light - La poesia della luce: Venetian Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, Museo Correr, Venice, Venice, 2014 - 2015, no. 80.
- Neil Jeffares, "Giuseppe Nogarl." Dictionary of pastellists before 1800. London, 2006; online edition [http://www.pastellists.com/Articles/Russell3.pdf], accessed 1 September 2022: no. J.559.112
- Galerie Cailleux, Paris: 6/5-7/13/84, 51.
- Percival, Melissa. Fragonard and the Fantasy Figure. Vermont: ashgate (2012): 68-69, no. 2.17
- Sort by:
- Results layout: