upper center reverse, sideways: Portrait / M.Rothkowitz; lower right reverse: MARK ROTHKO
The artist [1903-1970]; his estate; consigned 1970 to (Marlborough Gallery, Inc., New York); transferred 1977 back to the artist's estate; transferred 1979 to The Mark Rothko Foundation, Inc., New York; gift 1986 to NGA.
Associated NamesRothko Foundation, Inc., Mark, The
- Possibly Oil Paintings by "The Ten", Municipal Art Galleries, New York, 1936, checklist no. 62.
- The Ten: 2nd Annual Exhibition, Montross Gallery, New York, 1936-1937, checklist no. 25.
- Mark Rothko: Subjects, High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 1983-1984, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Face Forward: American Portraits from Sargent to the Present, Vero Beach Museum of Art, 2008, no cat.
- Anfam, David. Mark Rothko: The Works on Canvas: Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven and London, 1998: no. 81, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: