lower right reverse: MARK ROTHKO
The artist [1903-1970]; his estate; consigned 1970 to (Marlborough Gallery, Inc., New York); transferred 1977 back to the artist's estate; transferred 1979 to The Mark Rothko Foundation, Inc., New York; gift 1986 to NGA.
Associated NamesRothko Foundation, Inc., Mark, The
- Extended loan for use by Richard Aaron, U.S. Ambassador to the U.S. Mission to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Paris, France, 1993-1997.
- Mark Rothko, Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Rome; Kunsthalle der Hypo-Kulturstiftung, Munich; Hamburger Kunsthalle, 2007-2008, no. 10 (English cat.), no. 12 (German cat.), repro.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Shaun Donovan, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 2009-2014 (with two temporary returns to NGA).
- Extended loan for use by Director Shaun Donovan, U.S. Office of Management and Budget, Washington, D.C., 2014-2016.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 284, repro.
- Anfam, David. Mark Rothko: The Works on Canvas: Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven and London, 1998: no. 115, repro.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: