The artist [1903-1970]; his estate; consigned 1970 to (Marlborough Gallery, Inc., New York); transferred 1977 back to the artist's estate; transferred 1979 to The Mark Rothko Foundation, Inc., New York; gift 1986 to NGA.
Associated NamesRothko Foundation, Inc., Mark, The
- Mark Rothko's Harvard Murals, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 2014-2015, no catalogue.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 325, repro.
- Berrie, Barbara H., and Suzanne Quillen Lomax. "Azo Pigments: Their History, Synthesis, Properties, and Use in Artists' Materials." Studies in the History of Art 57 (1997): 19, 27, repro. no. 7.
- Anfam, David. Mark Rothko: The Works on Canvas: Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven and London, 1998: no. 736, repro. (orientation of painting uncertain; this publication reproduces the painting differently from 1992 NGA summary catalogue, showing top of 1992 reproduction as bottom).
- Mark Rothko. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1998: 322 fig. 11.
- Sort by:
- Results layout: