upside down, upper left in graphite: 4; lower center verso: Evans estate stamp with inventory number VI-14 added in graphite; by unknown hand, lower right verso in graphite: 57 (cir cled) Lunn Gallery, N.Y.
Dr. and Mrs. Kent Minichiello, Washington, DC; purchased with donated funds from John Wilmerding by NGA, 1989.
Associated NamesMinichiello, Kent, Dr. and Mrs.
- Walker Evans: Subway Portraits and Other Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Addison Gallery of American Art, Andover, 1991-1992.
- George Grosz: Berlin - New York, Neue Nationalgalerie, Berlin and Kunstammlung Nordrhein-Westfalen, Düsseldorf, 1994-1995.
- "Cruel and Tender: The Real in the Twentieth Century Photograph", Tate Modern, London; Museum Ludwig, Cologne, 2003-2004.
- In Light of the Past: Celebrating Twenty-Five Years of Collecting Photographs at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, May 3 – July 26, 2015
- Many Are Called. Boston, 1966: p. 15.
- Greenough 1991, pl. 41.