Baron Gourgaud, Paris. (Jacques Seligmann & Co., New York); acquired 1948 by Mr. and Mrs. Robert B. Eichholz; gift 1990 to NGA.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, 246-247, color repro.
- Inaugural Exhibition of French Art, Santa Barbara Museum of Art, 1998, no cat.
- Gauguin: Metamorphoses, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2014, no. 63.
- The Touch of Color: Pastels at the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2019 - 2020, unnumbered catalogue.
- The Art of Paul Gauguin. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1988: no. 161.
- Groom, Gloria, and Genevieve Westerby, editors. Gauguin Paintings, Sculpture, and Graphic Works at the Art Institute of Chicago. Chicago, 2016: under no. 20 (online reference, accessed 15 June 2018).