lower left in black pencil: Gemini Imp. I; lower right in red watercolor: Ben Shahn 1966; lower left verso in graphite by unknown hand: BS66-1197
Marks and Labels
embossed lower right: © [Gemini G.E.L.]; stamped lower left verso in black ink: Gemini G.E.L. / Los Angeles, Calif.
Gemini G.E.L., Los Angeles, California; acquired 1991 by the National Gallery of Art
- Master Prints from Gemini G.E.L., National Lending Service, Telfair Academy of Arts and Sciences, Savannah, Georgia; Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Iowa; Midland Center for the Arts, Texas; Diggs Gallery, Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Maier Museum of Art, Randolph College, Lynchburg, Virginia; Wichita Art Museum, Kansas; Art Institute for the Permian Basin, Odessa, Texas; Ringling School of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida; Newcomb Art Gallery, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana; Augustana College Art Gallery, Rock Island, Illinois; St. John’s Museum of Art, Wilmington, North Carolina, 1992-1997
- Best Impressions: 35 Years of Prints and Sculpture from Gemini G.E.L., National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2001-2002, as "Lavina"
- Gemini G.E.L. Sequence List. Los Angeles, California: Gemini G.E.L., unpublished, no. 23.
- Prescott, Kenneth W. The Complete Graphic Works of Ben Shahn. New York: Quadrangle/New York Times Book Co., 1973, no. 71.
- Ritchie, Charles. Gemini G.E.L. Online Catalogue Raisonné. Washington, D.C.: National Gallery of Art, 2011, no. 48.1. http://www.nga.gov/gemini