lower left in brown ink: Clerisseau
Seiferheld and Co., New York; William B. O'Neal [1907-1994] Charlottesville, VA, January 1971; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Master Drawings from the O'Neal Collection, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond and tour, 1971-72.
- The Grand Tour and Beyond: British Travel Narratives of the Continent, the Middle and Far East, Africa and the American Colonies, Alderman Library, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Feb 22-April 30, 1981.
- "Master Drawings to be Displayed by Museum Traveling Exhibition," The Register: Danville, VA, Oct 15, 1972
- "O'Neal Art on Exhibit," The Register: Danville, VA, Oct 16, 1972
- National Gallery of Art. Drawings from the O'Neal Collection. Exh. cat. Washington, 1993, checklist p. 92.